Seriously, what's the point in conquering other people and building an empire? You'll only make people hate you.
I have no interest in conquering other bits of planet earth, really. Okay, so it's fun to hypothesize about the weird and wonderful reforms I might wreak if I found myself in charge of the universe, but back in the real world, in all honesty I don't want to be bothering my head about the politics of other countries. I'm perfectly happy to leave [insert name of country here] to do whatever [insert name of country here] wants to do, and get on with my own life. I've seen a bit of India, for example, and I can't for the life of me see why my misguided ancestors made such a big deal out of being in charge of the blasted place. You know what? I don't want India. I really, truly don't want it. Umpteen miles away, far too hot, and full of virulent diseases and sacred beef. As far as I'm concerned, the Indians can keep India. I just want a little corner of this understated, soggy, weatherbeaten grey-green rock we call England, where I can keep myself to myself and write strange webcomics. That's all I ask. No empires here, ta.
Sorry if that was a bit depressing. Wanted the catharsis after the chirpy conversation. Will try to be more entertaining next time.
Stats from the Back of the Field:
- First 12 for '12 status: 5 down, 7 to go - the gap has split wide open again, and I don't stand a chance of anything better than 3rd place, but oh well 8p
- Latest book read: still A Brit Different
- Latest film/TV watched: still Sherlock
- Latest music listened to: can't remember
- Latest edible item eaten: chilli con carne, then coffee
- Predominant colour of clothes: blues and greys, blues and greys...
- Programs and web pages currently running: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Firefox (tabs: Blogspot Dashboard; Blogspot Create Post; MatNav 6.1)
- Webcomics posted today: n/a
- The Colclough