I've just come downstairs from watching Scribbles' successor move into his new home. He's called Dusty, and is the spitting image of Scribbles two years ago - what with the similarity in appearance and the fact that we had both from the same pet centre, I can't help wondering if they're related. Is Dusty Scribbles' great-nephew or something? Who knows...
For the record, Dusty is Ben's third hamster, our seventh hamster overall, and our ninth rodent. Yes, I've been counting. Not sure exactly how old he is, but I'd hazard a guess of between one and two months.
I'm not allowed to handle him yet. Nobody is until at least Tuesday, and even then it should really only be Ben and only very carefully. I don't even have a photo to show you. But I thought that his arrival should be noted here anyway.
The big thing for me, of course, is that I hope Dusty will continue the tradition of Ben's hamsters not biting me. I'm quite fond of that tradition, as you might imagine. I've forgiven Taffy for her toothy debut, but I still hope it won't be repeated. We'll have to wait and see.
Oh, and I wonder if Dusty will continue Scribbles' habit of going to the toilet behind my monitor?
- First 12 for '12 status: 6 down, 6 to go - half-way to securing fourth place, I guess
- Latest book read: still A Brit Different
- Latest film/TV watched: Wallace & Gromit's World of Invention
- Latest music listened to: can't remember
- Latest edible item eaten: bit of chocolate; banoffee pie before that
- Predominant colour of clothes: blues and greys
- Programs and web pages currently running: Microsoft Office Outlook and Word 2007, Firefox (tabs: MatNav 6.1, twice; A White Horizon; Blogspot Create Post), Skype
- Webcomics posted today: n/a
- The Colclough